I got this for Christmas and thought I'd do a little review, as I couldn't find much info on the product online. So, here goes....
- The packaging. I absolutely LOVE the packaging on this mascara! It comes in a glossy black tube with rounded edges, with the simple Marc Jacobs logo along the side. Might not be to everyone's taste but I think this looks super stylish
- This mascara is black. I mean BLACK. Not greyish black, like some other mascaras claiming to be black, but a true, glossy black. So, yes, totally black. I'll stop saying 'black' now.
- It's a gel formula, which goes on really smoothly with no grittiness. It also gives a sort of glossy effect to the lashes.
- It gives definite length and curl. This must be down to the E-lash tic lash technology that MJ say the product contains. Whatever it is, I like it!
- it doesn't smudge, yet it's easy to remove. I usually find that the less smudgy a mascara, the more of a pain it is to get off at the end of the day. For example, Benefit's They're Real is great for staying power, but I find REALLY difficult to take off. For that reason, I don't use it all the time. This gel formulation just seems to slide off which is a big plus for me.
- as far as I can see, this product (and indeed the whole MJ beauty collection) can only be bought in the US. Booo! It's $26 on Marc Jacobs site and also on Sephora, neither of which currently ship to the UK. *sad face*. On the plus side, if you can get ahold of this, it makes it that little bit more special.
So all in all, I LOVE this so far. It's such a shame that it's not readily available in the UK though as I'd love to try more from the range.
Have you tried any Marc Jacobs Beauty products? If so what did you think?